Skip to main content

Borders - Where Minds Meet



 ABBEY:
After my gift from Manny (a bout with Antonia Margarita), then came the Borders. I convinced Wilma to go to the booksale, because I want her to get a new book for a cheaper price of course. :) Once there, she went her way to the novels. For me, to the computer books, trying to find a book about Oracle. After searching dozens of books, I found three, but they're worth the search :) ASM, Oracle 10g, and Oracle OCP exam tips. Di pa nga ako OCA, OCP na agad book ko. Hahaha. And as we are about to pay the books, there came my birthday surprise. "All those who celebrate their birthdays today, more book discounts." Just kidding. The announcement was all computer books will be 5SGD only. Imagine, PHP9k worth of books now only PHP150. Happy birthday to me :)


WILL: It will be unusual if it doesn't rain in our town in weekends. As in heavy rain poured down last November 14, so I am thinking not to go to Borders markdown price, but baby insisted.
      After side trip in Cosplayers in AFA X, we went to Borders Books. Ayun, so many books I don't know where to start the hunt. 
      I ended up buying 2 fiction books and Trump's for only S$5.00. But Abbey has books that have a great great discount and very helpful for his love job. 
      I hope there will be books regarding international trade for next year's sale. hehe.. I am just demanding. Tapos tag price sana S$2.00 heheehe.
 

Comments

  1. never been to Borders here... madalas sa library na lang ako hiram... peram ako ng Oracle books :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...