Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Baked Tahong (Mussels) Recipe


mussels, cleaned
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

1  Boil mussels in a medium saucepan filled with 4 cups of water, cover. Cook until the shells open. Remove the top cover of the mussels. Set aside.

2  Combine mayonnaise, cheese and garlic. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.

3  Spread the mixture on the mussels. Arrange mussels on a baking tray.

4  Bake in oven toaster for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.



ABBEY: I'm not a fan of seafood as I'm allergic to them. When Wilma told me that she'll cook baked tahong, I'm kind of hesitant about the idea. She should have the them sauted with garlic, onions, and ginger. When I arrived home, I smelled a strong aroma of garlic and cheese. That was good and I almost empty the plate of mussels in no time. The newly cooked rice complemented the tahong as well. For precautionary measure I drank Coke for the allergic reactions :) That dinner is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment