Thursday, January 19, 2012

Logos Hope

ABBEY: We were strolling along Vivo finding a place to dine when we notice a ship on the harbor. We thought that it was Duolos. We went outside and saw her named as Logos Hope. Entrance is free of charge. Like Doulos they travel around the world to give and sell books to impart knowledge. They also conduct counseling regarding relationships and HIV awareness. In here I bought 3 books, 6sgd each, for Left Behind series. I'm halfway for the 12-part collection :) 

The ship has a cafe too. I got hot chocolate for 2sgd. It was served in a BIG cup. Carolers entertain the guests as they enjoy their snacks. I hope I can complete my book if they'll come here again.











WILL:  Have you heard of Doulos? A ship that goes around the world carrying books and was manned by volunteers of different nations. Well, as I know, Doulos had now stopped roaming the oceans and now Logos Hope came to continue what Doulos had started. 
       Logos Hope is bigger than its predecessor. But I am sad because they offer a lesser books. It berth Singapore last year and bound to Cebu after here. 
       Inside, there is a cafe and a museum like partitions for the children to enjoy. Since its holiday season when they arrived here, there are some chorale singing in iCafe table by table. ;) 
Hope to see them again! We enjoyed a lot. Ahmm, I nearly forget their tea tastes so good and their books is way cheaper than the local bookstore, almost 80% off. Hehe. You already got a discount, you also helped charities and volunteers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment