Skip to main content

The Heritage Hotel Manila Philippines

ABBEY: We checked in at The Heritage Hotel for the last night of our vacation. While checking in, the dragon dance started to celebrate Chine New Year. We got twin beds with toilet and bathtub. The sheets are clean. 

We went down and checked their pool in the late afternoon. Then on the next day we had a breakfast buffet. They offered eggs (omelette, sunny side up, and hard-boiled), breads, ham, sausage, nasi lemak (this is a suprise), juices, coffee, and tea. Nothing much special about the stay but we got a good sleep.

Now for the areas of improvement:
1. Check-in takes too much time. I think we waited for almost 45 minutes to an hour before we can go to our rooms.

2. Taking photos or video on the buffet is not allowed. Come on.. it is 2018. This is the first hotel who told me that I can’t take pictures except if we’re on the table.

3. Buffet items were gone and guests waited or asked for it to be refilled. If the manager is keeping attention on it then this wouldn’t happen.

4. Room furnishings are old. And the door knobs were malfunctioning. We have to input our room keys twice or thrice and have the knobs parallel to the floor before we can open the door.

5. I don’t know if the newspaper were given at random but all the three rooms we booked didn’t get one. Yes, I can call but if this is standard service then no call is needed.

I know this is a lot but I also know that Heritage Hotel has the capacity to improve and have more happy clients to stay at their hotel.

The Heritage Hotel Manila Philippines
Shower Pack

The Heritage Hotel Manila Philippines
Superior Room with Twin Bed

The Heritage Hotel Manila Philippines
Outdoor Pool

WILL: Our in-laws decided to beat the long journey from Meycauayan, Bulacan to NAIA by checking in to one of the nearest hotel in airport, The Heritage  Hotel. 

I am not quite familiar when they told me of the hotel name but when I checked the website it is updated and quite alluring to checked-in.

We weren’t immediately accommodated at the concierge due to lion dance! Well, its Chinese New Year! Who doesn't want to get some luck? 

When I saw our room, I remembered that The Heritage Hotel is quite old now. The sheets are not that comfortable, their bathroom has drawers and one of the cabinet door is dilapidated. The carpet is worn out. This is not what I expect in a hotel under the umbrella of Millennium Hotels and Resort. A 4-star hotel? I do not even dare to take shower inside their tub. 

We paid Php4,067 for Superior Room, buffet breakfast included. Be careful, for asking bottle of water, free water has a limit. Argghhh!

***
The Heritage Hotel Manila Philippines
(W)https://www.millenniumhotels.com/en/manila/the-heritage-hotel-manila/
(A) Roxas Boulevard corner EDSA Philippines 1300
(E) hotelguest.hhm@millenniumhotels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...