Skip to main content

Singapore's Battle of the Bikes: ofo vs Mobike

ABBEY: The battle of bike-sharing began when ofo announced that their customers can enjoy unlimited rides without deposit. Then mobike followed by offering a 5SGD fee for 6-month use (2 hours per ride). Here are my comparisons:
1. App
    Ofo - easy to use specially when unlocking and locking the bike. Also you can give feedback for repair and experience when using it.
    Mobike - even when I locked the bike there is no confirmation in the app and I need to restart the app just to see if I locked the bike properly.

2. Availability
    Ofo has less bike compared to mobike (Punggol area). Maybe because customers like the ofo offer more so demand is high.

3. Cycling experience.
    Ofo is better in stability. When I used mobike the bike will wiggle on a uneven pavement, bumpy road or even on a stone which I didn’t observe in ofo. It could be attributed to the thin wheels of mobike.
Seat adjustment mechanism is better in ofo. With only a grip on the lever then you find your sweet spot. Unlike in mobike that you need to pull the lever, adjust the seat and revert.

We’ve yet to try obike. It also has free unlimited rides but with deposit.
Singapore's Battle of the Bike : Ofo vs Mobike 

WILL: Cycling is not just a craze inside of any gym but also in whole Singapore. Before, we need to go to Pulau Ubin to rent a bike and indulge in the beauty of nature. Why Pilau Ubin? You can find the cheapest rate in there. Now, because of the promotions of two bike-sharing companies (Mobike & Ofo), Singapore residents are enjoying every park connector and even the city for less or for free. 

What's the difference? 
Mobike - the pedal is too near to its seat. It is hard for me to balance myself. First time using it, I fell off twice. Haha! One more thing, the app is so slow to respond. I thought I am the only one experiencing it but one of the cycler complained about it too. 

It costs us SGD5.00 for 6mos. But I think, I will not ride again a Mobike :(. 

Ofo - Best suits me. The grip on its handle is amazing. The app is easy to understand and response rate to the bike is quick. Reporting bike's problem is a must, on that, Ofo team can maintain their bike in excellent quality. It is a no wonder why many cyclers in Punggol prefer the Ofo. 

Oh! It is FREE for this month of November.. 

C'mon run or cycle a day. Let's make Singapore the healthiest nation.



***
ofo Singapore
(F) https://www.facebook.com/ofoinSingapore/

Mobike Singapore
(W)https://mobike.com/sg/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...