Skip to main content

Leningrad Symphony - Singapore Symphony Orchestra

ABBEY: I always love the sound of strings; violins, cello, double bass, and piano (some classified it as a stringed instrument). We became Friends of SSO (Singapore Symphony Orchestra). She received 2 complimentary tickets as a gift. We planned to attend The Leningrad Symphony of the husband-and-wife tandem of Gennady Rozhdestvensky (conductor) and Viktoria Postnikova (piano). It is a two-hour concert which comprise of Piano Concerto No. 1 in C minor and Symphony No. 7 in C major.


Honestly, I just enjoyed the sound of all the instruments playing together with all the dynamcs and drama.

Even when they are preparing, the sound is great. I really appreciate the performance as this is our first time. I used to see the orchestra in books and videos. Thanks SSO.



WILL: ast year, 2015, we decided to be a friend of Singapore Symphony Orchestra. And what you will get if you enrolled to this program? That amount is tax deductible, you will get a free pair of ticket to any SSO concert (worth $120.00), a card that is entitled you discounts for participating merchant and exclusive meet the artists sessions. 

That is where we got our free February date. Scroll down for the link if you ate interested in being a SSO friend. 

Now, let's get back to Leningrad. My eyes lit and go round and all I can say is OMG!!! How this people can touched my feelings and my soul in just playing those instruments? I felt sadness, excitement (sometimes I giggled too) and I felt being a champ on the ending of this more than 2-hour event.

This is my first time to watch this kind concert and I know this will not be the last! Thanks SSO. :)


***
Singapore Symphony Orchestra
For a minimum donation of $75, 
All Friends enjoy all the Privileges above
Get your form here and fax to 6602 4222 or 
email at friends@sso.org.
RECOMMENDED BY: WILMA LAPUZ 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...