Skip to main content

Smoke Resto Boracay at D'Mall

ABBEY: Wilma knew about Smoke from the famous Pinoy travel show host Drew Arellano. They said that there are two branches of it in D Mall, Boracay and the one we found is located in the center of D Mall. I didn't bother to search for the other one as I'm already hungry :)

I ordered spicy garlic pork. Yes, you read it right. Even the noontime sun made us sweat finding that place, I still prefer to eat spicy food. But that's ok, I got their calamansi shake which cooled me down. It was delicious and refreshing. The restaurant also offers other Pinoy food like pork sinigang and tapsilog. You won't believe what Wilma had, check her entry below.











WILL: A research will lead you to a pretty perfect holiday. And I stumbled upon Drew Arellano's "Biyahe ni Drew". They covered Boracay and how to save some pennies for an extravagant experience. And Smoke caught my attention.

After we checked-in on our second hotel, we headed to D'Mall for lunch. We were both tired from our land tours and the walk from Station 3 to Station 2 seems unending. We stepped in to the D'Mall and saw the Andok's as landmark but the Smoke where nowhere to be found. 

We walk, walk and walk and luckily we asked one of the local and guided us that it was located at the back of Andok's. Gosh! 

We sat, ordered and minutes later the hot bulalo and kaopad are on our table. I ate the food as if I never eat in my entire life. Yes we are at the beach and the sun gave a scorching heat but the bulalo still gave me a relief. Their version of bulalo has a spike of ginger. Its soup soothes well with my rice with shrimp paste.

Smoke Resto is definitely worth my long walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...