Skip to main content

The Mind Cafe (Singapore)

ABBEY: Going to this cafe is long overdue. We planned to go here when Kuya Ric went for a visit but didn't have the time. After dinner at Curry House we stopped by the place. 

9sgd per person includes free-flow of drinks of the day and 2 hours of playing any game available. We got the old-but-good Connect 4. Form 4 chips horizontally, vertically or diagonally and you win the game. I won both games with Chat and Wilma. Next they tried Battleship but haven't finished the game as they had a hard time destroy each other's ships. We wanted to play quick games so we can play as many times as we can. That didn't happen. 
We played Monopoly:Superman Returns edition. Though its a long game we totally had fun specially if you are winning. Isn't that right, Wilma and Chat? 

The cafe also offers cocktail snacks to munch in.  Singapore Book of records awards this as the cafe to have the most number of board game. This is good experience.

















WILL: I am searching for a great place to fill in some caffeine craving while my oldest brother was here and then I saw Mind Cafe. It was on my list but the schedule really stopped as to go in here. 
      Chat treated us for a dinner, she got her bonus! Haha! She shared her blessings to us. After dinner, damn I am full and I want to help my stomach to digest it, I need tea. ;) 
I don't want to go to any cafes in 313 Somerset, then my brain made me realized to go to The Mind Cafe. 
    From Orchard, it is only 3 stops for bus #65. After 12 minutes, we were stepping our way up to this cafe. Actually, now I am not after for a hot drink that will help my tummy to digest my food, I am here to enjoy and play all the boardgames I can. 
     As we entered, we were welcomed warmly by their staff and  huge stacks of boardgames. Like a child, I grinned. So many games to play for only 2 hours. I played and all the games I lost. Haha! Lucky we don't bet for anything. Luck is not at my side at that day.
     For two hours, we indulged on their unlimited cold drinks and play-all-you-can boardgames for only $9.00 per pax. This is just beside SOTA, a great location for students to let the stress away. This is a great idea of a unique cafe. 

Comments

  1. hula ko si abbey ayaw na umuwi :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umuwi naman ate, pero ako nmn ang magaaya.. Revenge is a must!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...