Skip to main content

Nylon Singapore 1st Anniversary Party @ Zouk

ABBEY: Sometimes I find it surprising when Wilma tells me that we got invited to a party here at Singapore. We attended the opening of District 10 at Star Vista as well as the Finals night of FHM Singapore 2012. 

Last April 26 we were invited to take part on the  first anniversary of Nylon Singapore - a lifestyle magazine. The event was held at the Zouk. At the entrance they have their photo booth courtesy of Hello Stranger. Each guest were given a coupon for a drink. Inside the bar you can queue up for popcorn or cotton candy. Sweet enough to maintain the energy and enthusiasm of the  guests. 

The program began at 8:30 with instrumental music from a live band. The celebration was graced by their April 2013 cover girl VJ Hanli. She was simple yet very pretty. The hosts got more attention from the guests when they started giving away prizes thru games. Being shy, Wilma pushed me to join their version of The Price is Right. You have to estimate the price of three Jabra headsets. I thought you'll gonna earn a point if your correct then the contestant with highest point will win a headset. The twist is whoever got the closest price, he'll take home the item. I won Jabra Revo white. It costs 248sgd. :) Cool, huh? They also played Movie quotes and the price is a hi-fi system. Chubby bunny is the last game. The participants will put marshmallows on their mouth then they will have to say chubby bunny clearly.  It was fun. The party ended with another performance from a live band. 

I'd like to thank Nylon for the price I got. When we arrived home we noticed that the cord of the headset wasn't in the box. I called Nylon and they told me to get it in their office. 

Now my price is complete. Again, happy birthday and more power.
















WILL: The stars aligned in favor of us, as we both received an email for the confirmation of invites to Nylon's 1st Year Anniversary Party. 
      I am very overwhelmed to witness their celebration and begged Abbey to take a leave in his office that day. And when his leave was approved, I jumped with joy and hugged him. Haha! 
      When we arrived Zouk, we were welcomed by the Nylon's staffs, OMG, Sonia is so beautiful and sexy. After checking our names if we were enlisted, we were stamped at our left wrist and given a voucher for a drink. The Hello Stranger Photobooth was there to take some fun memories of Nylon's guests, cool!
      830 the party started by a band, I am David Sparkle, an instrumental rock band, well, I quite enjoyed, I find their music "soothing", weird? Haha. Then my most awaited part... The DKNY Fashion Show. I am really an enthusiast of fashion and that's why love fashion magazine like Nylon :) They held some games then wrapped up the party by another band, The Summer State. 
     The guests have amazingly doses by sugar to keep their spirits alive. Popcorn, ice cream and candy floss were there up for grabs. 
     Abbey take home a Jabra Revo headphone worth  $248 when he won the "When the Price is Right" contest, he also got a pink bag that have the Nylon's April 2013 issue, DKNY vouchers, Essential Shampoo and Conditioner, Liese Bubble Hair Color, Shiseido Lipsticks, Zouk stickers and lighter. 
    This is really amazing night, my husband told me that he never wasted a one day leave.
    Thanks Nylon Singapore! More power! More Fashion for gals and guys to published! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...