Skip to main content

Shines Outdoor Pte Ltd

ABBEY: I've never thought this day would come after my nerve-racking parajump at Sentosa. Groupon offered a 25sgd-voucher for a 2-hour session of wall climbing and height-related-pee-on-your-pants activities. The place is at Shines Outdoors in 1208 Upper Boon Keng Road. Upon arrival we were told to put harness and helmet. Starting the session our host, Ryan, told us to make a high five and saying our name to our group mates. There were 11 of us. This lightened the mood and made our session a friendlier one. He also advised us to stay hydrated. He keeps on telling us that all challenges are by choice. No pressure even you're the only one who did not make it. 

First stop is wall climbing. We were thought of manners for the activity. Always ask if belay is ready and you're about to climb. This is very important as the climber's life literally depends on you. As you belay focus on the climber as well as the rope and your hands. As I watched the first batch of climbers the task seems to be easy. But its not. As I climb, I found it very hard to step on the pieces as some are small. My feet don't have enough room to set in. I also tried to pull my body but its a no-no. The technique is to let your legs do the push and a little pull with your arm. JC and Ryan always checks us if we're ok after every climb.

The next one is what I called a tightrope walk. You must cross with the help of loose ropes suspended above. This is hard as well but I managed to finish it. Don't let your knees shake else you'll fall. The height is about 3-4 storeys.

The last challenge is the leap of faith. In a full-body harness you'll climb a 5-storey post, stand at the top and reach for the trapeze by jumping into it. Yes, just like what the Dark Knight did on that prison. I told Wilma I'll not do it. She told me to do it just like the other guys in the group. And then like in Sentosa, since that's the purpose of being there I took the leap. Climbing the post is not that hard. But as you go up it starts to shake. On top of it you must find a way to stand-up. When I stood up, all I can heard is the countdown of our mentor. 5,4,3,2,1 and then I jumped. I lost my grip in the trapeze though as my hands became slippery. 

The session ended by a group picture and by our mentor saying to eat to replenish our energy. We ate an extra large Domino's Pizza and a bottle of Coke.












WILL: When Abbey and I started this relationship, he confessed that he is a boring person and asked me if I want to do, eat or go somewhere just let him know, but I think he do not expect that I really love extremities of this life. Even his older sister was thankful then because I somewhat thought their lovable brother to go out from his world and taking big giant change from his life.
     I love heights and speed, and wall climbing is one of my dreams to do. Thanks Groupon you offer this kind of activity for less. Instead of $50+ we got this 3 hour session for only $25. We booked and our class was confirmed by Daniel, yesterday 12th of Aug 2012. To protect ourselves from any scratches, they told us to wear pants and shirts, we put our spf 130 sunblock for 1 to 3pm activity. Indeed, the sun's heat is scorching hot. Our group was consisted of 11 participants... 11 cool and positive people plus our host Rayyan Affan, credits to him, there is no dull moment. 
     Okay, first stop wall climbing. When I saw their wall, ha!, easy peasy. But when the guys and Abbey starts to climb and half way they told to their belay that they will go down, gosh, my faith with myself lessened and I asked myself if I really can touch the metal goal or not. Darn, its my turn, I climbed, easy at first few, but when the climbing holds started to be smaller and the humps were on my way, my body told me to stop but the ever supportive team watching and pushing me to go and reached the goal. Even the inner voice told me so, then I am one of the three who got it. 
     Next stop, well this will be the hard one for me, the balancing act. Tsk, I think my cerebellum really don't do its work when I was a child, even at this age, I am easily toppled down. This tight rope is a huge challenge for me. My hands got wet and the rope starts to shake, but Abbey succeeded on this, I cannot let him tie-up the score. After a minutes, score is 2-1. Ha!
     The pole! I am exhausted and dehydrated and some of memberof the team backed-out on this activity, some just go up on the pole but do not have the courage to balance themselves to be on top of this huge log. As usual, Abbey went first, and as I saw the trapeze from pole is quite have a great distance, I second thought about the idea but I am here to embrace all this. So I stood up and climbed the endless pole. When I reached the top, there is a small space for me to put in my feet, and I have a difficulty to step on that piece of wood. As I muster myself, I concentrated then I leaped off to trapeze. Oh my, that jumped seems forever. Haha.
     Thanks Abbey for doing this activity with me, one of my dream was fulfilled by you. Thanks to Shines Outdoor, you can contact them through mail or call them at 68417030. This is a nice activity for team building, located at Upper Boon Keng Road. 

Comments

  1. i like the high ropes and wall climbing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mag ganito tayo ate pag pumunta kayo dito :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...