Skip to main content

Universal Studios Singapore® - Santa's All-Star Christmas 2015

ABBEY: I've been to Universal Studios Singapore many times and I act as a tour guide to our visitors. This time my highschool bestfriend paid a visit. The theme park "theme" is of course Christmas as the holiday is fast approaching. We were given candy canes at the entrance. We first rode the Madagascar : A Crate Adventure. Next is the 4D movie of Shrek in Far Far Away. After that was the new ride Puss in Boots' Giant Journey. I started to get dizzy. Haha.
We also got a chance to watch a dance showdown by Rockafellaz; Pinoy's very own Streetboys. We had pizza and pasta for lunch. Good thing that it was saved by Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase.
We got a chance to see and feel how it is like to be in a sound studio in Lights, Camera, Action.

By the time we rode Transformers The Ride, my head is really spinning. It rained hard but still Wilma and Jennnee queued up for Cyclon of Battlestar Gallactica. Me? Just waiting for them to finish.

No one ride The Mummy indoor roller coaster. No one wants to experience the unknown.

We also got a snap with Marilyn Monroe. As the rain pour hard, we rested in Jurassic Park's Discovery Centre while sipping coffee and munching chicken lollipops. The Waterworld show was cancelled due to the weather.

The last ride we had is the Canopy Flyer. Our guest was happy and got a great time.







WILL: This is my first time to go to Universal Studios Singapore during festive season. Why? Because I am avoiding a jam-packed themed park, because I hate long queues for the rides and for the toilets, because it is very hard to take a seat for some snacks, and ultimately.. because I will not enjoy the rest of the day. But, when we were there, there is no queue at all, but of course except the leading rides. Haha. 


I am praying not to rain but it did. It is Sunday but the sun fails to showed up! Argh! But still the fun never stops. Umbrella is on! Haha. 

I enjoyed their Sesame Street Saves Christmas Show, as if I came back to my childhood! Haha. As the rain is pouring, we sat and ate at Loui's NY Pizza Parlor. Luckily when we went out from the diner, drizzles greeted us. Oh, I am so excited for this.. Battlestar Galactica Cyclone version. Wohoooo! I only got to try the human version because the cyclone is always under repair when we visited the park. So what I can say? Cyclone version is indeed the best! Literally a hair-raiser, haha! I want to go for one more ride but Jennee refused my suggestion. Hmp!  

Next stop is the Transformers. Because I am with engineers, after the ride, they are explaining how it was made. Still raining, so we go to witness my one of favorite, Lights..Camera..Action. The. We go for kiddie ride Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase. Speaking rides for kids, we also got to try the new Puss in Boots Giant Journey and Abbey and Jennee cursed me when I asked them to seat behind the Canopy Flyer at The Lost World. 

We ate our snack at Discovery Food Court with my favourite corndog. Haha! We ended our USS tour with Donkey Show. We are definitely entertained. 

I hope our visitor enjoyed as we do. :) haha! Thanks rain and cloud another first time. First time visiting USS with no sunburn. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...