Skip to main content

Damai Spa - Grand Hyatt Singapore

ABBEY: From time to time we need to unwind and get relaxed. So as part of our company's insurance we can avail wellness benefits which include spas. We booked at Damai in Grand Hyatt Singapore. We were given coconut juice before the session and a couple of minutes later we were ushered to our respective rooms. After telling me where to put my things, I took a shower. They have "Japan toilet". The one where the sit is warm and has high-end bidet system with only a push of a button.

The masseur is waiting for me to wash my feet and give them pre-massage. I was also asked what oil they should use. I picked the healing one as it smells relaxing and refreshing. And yes most of the session I'm asleep. The pressure is medium and it is ok for me, not a fan of hard massage. What I liked the most is the foot massage. They were aching before the massage, but after I felt like I'm walking on cushions.

The session ended with a cup of ginger tea so good that we asked for more. The next batch came in a teapot. :)








WILL: If you will search In the internet "Best Spas in Singapore" Damai Spa is always included. For my husband's birthday month, we got to check this out. Haha! 

I booked for a 75-minute Classic Swedish Massage for $234.00 each person. Expensive? Yes it is. This is under Abbey's insurance benefits so we do not worry too much about the price. Thanks AETNA! 

So when we entered the magnificent all wood reception we were immediately assisted to seat, gave us a freezing cold glass of coconut water and we waited for our masseurs. When they approached us, they guided us to our rooms. Gosh! The room is so huge and fancy. Ohh! I love their heated bowl seat. It is relaxing.

In bathrobe, I was welcomed with their foot bath and asked me what oil I want for massage. The massage starts. I requested for more pressure..of course and Ying's (my masseur's name) hand is like dancing on my back...then I fell on slumber. She got me back to reality when she asked me to lie on my back. :) 

Well, the massage is well done. But I regret that I do not have a chance to try their facilities because of our lack of time. 

When we were at reception I asked for a pot of their hot ginger tea. They gladly gave us a pot and 2 teacup. Love to stay in that relaxing place but we need to go for some errands. 

Till next time Damai Spa of Grand Hyatt Hotel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...