Skip to main content

Hong Kong Disneyland

ABBEY: I was very excited to go to this park. As a child, me and my neighbors dreamed of going to Disneyland. We got the ticket for a discounted price of HD$390 courtesy of Hop Inn. We were there at 7:30 AM. Yes its seems early but its an advantage as you can strike you pose and take snaps to Disneyland's Welcome arch. And we also have the chance to check their port for guests that will visit via ferry. A ceremony was held before the opening where a family was chosen to meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie to open the park for the day. As we enter the park at 9, we were given golden coins as souvenir. Wilma ran to the park's garden where flowers were arranged to depict Mickey's face and told me to take pictures. We also have snaps with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Cinderella, and Rapunzel. At the end of the Main Boulevard, we saw the Sleeping Beauty's magnificent castle. It was smaller compared to Shrek's Far Far Away in USS, but its very detailed. 

We went first to Tarzan's tree house. We got scared when the tiger roared :) After that we journeyed to the jungle via River Cruise. Then we went to the newest attraction in HK Disneyland: Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway mine cars. We were less than 10 pax for the first batch to ride. Prepare to be push and pulled back as you enter the dark mines. Its kind of scary and funny. 

After that we went to Toy Story land. We rode the Toy Soldier Parachute drop and my most-feared ride that day, the RC Racer. It was a curved U-shaped RC track. The car was in the middle and once you're settled, it will be pulled and then be released. You will swing along the track as the momentum dies down. I felt I was gonna fall off my sit it it weren't with my safety bar. Wilma caught my lips shaking and she laughed hard as she saw me like that. That day I conquered my fear of not-that-extreme ride :) As we wait for the adrenaline rush to settle down we lined up for Mickey's Philar Magic 3d show. We also watch Golden Mickey; Mickey's version of Golden globe awards and their wonderful parade. They were good and entertaining. We also got a change to defeat Emperor Zurg in Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster; though Wilma for more points than me. We also visited "Its a small world" that displays dolls that sing and dance. Space mountain is having technical problem that day. But we met Stitch have fun interacting with him. 

The fireworks were much anticipated. People flock in front of the castle as early as 6Pm whereas the show starts at 8:30PM. It was worth the wait as the exhibition is magical. It will definitely bring out the child in you. Wear light dress and hydrate yourself.

Few points to improve though:
-Use the fans in queue. I know its 14degrees and its cold. But it will be hot and suffocating when a lot of people flocked on attraction entrances and the fans are off. Turning them on will give more ventilation to the guests. 

-The entrance is narrow causing bottleneck so its a mess. As it is Chinese New Year, HK Disneyland should expect for a huge guest turnout. They should have put more rope division for proper queue. 

-Some staff cannot speak english. It would be better to train them to speak the universal language since not all guests speak Mandarin.

-Announcements for the attractions are not clear enough. Its as if the staff will catch a plane going to "i don't know" and gonna be late. Make sure the staff clearly speaks the information so the people will attend to it.


































WILL: Am I wrong I will tell that every child especially the girls has a dream to step in to the magical place of DisneyLand.
      Ever since I am a child, I always ask my mom when she will bring me to DisneyLand, she never answered me "NO" on every requests but this, she answered "soon", but she never did. Ha!Ha! Well, I forgot about that dream but when DisneyLand build its home to Hong Kong, that dream rebuild its way to my heart.
      After my college, I really want to go there, have money but I do not have time, I am busy in building my career. When my name have somehow small roots in my field and that dream faded again, again lack of time.
      But when Abbey told me that he wants to go to Korea and upon checking, there are so many obstacles for us to got there, we ended up and going to Hong Kong and excitedly plan to see Mickey's friends and land.
      Abbey and I woke up as early as 530AM, took our breakfast at the nearest cafe in our hotel then rode the MTR to Disneyland Resort Station. The train from Sunny Bay station is a special one, decorated in the name of Mickey and Friends.
      My smile is from ear to ear once I saw the train. Arrived there around 7AM, and the park opened at 9, so we are only  20 visitors then. So we had the chance to take a lot of photos at the "Welcome" sign. We even managed to check out the port for the park's visitors.
      We planned to go for counterclockwise but when we saw people ran to that side, we decided to go for the clockwise direction,
      We are the first visitor at the tree house of Tarzan. Then we are the second batch of Grizzly Gulch runaway mine cars, exciting! We were toured via Jungle River Cruise. After a boat ride, we decided to go to Toy Story Land and test Abbey's courage. We fist tried Toy Soldier Parachute Drop and Abbey told me that it is amazing. Now, it is the time to test if he can stretch that courage in a U-shaped metal. While on line, I keep on encouraging Abbey that I know he can make it. It is a success that he went in RC Racer and finished it without fainting, but his jaws were shaking after.. Ha!ha! Great experience indeed.
      After that ride, we ran to take the queue to the shows, and the most amazing is the Lion King, after seeing that, I am so sad and frustrated again to myself why I let the Lion KIng passed my way when they visited Singapore.
      The parade is nice!, but the most amazing, most nerve racking show was the fireworks. Goosebumps and all I can do is hold my husband's hands while watching the glimmering sky of different colors. It feels like I am back to my childhood, feels like I am  Disney Princess with my Prince.
     This is a blessing and I am thankful that I went here with my lovable husband.A dream come true! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...