Skip to main content

Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe @ Plaza Singapura

ABBEY : I think I already dined on this restaurant, once or twice. But only when I "dated" Kar Yin (Wilma's officemate), I tried their dessert. 

For dinner, I got Western one; fried chicken cutlet with sauce and fries and baked beans. Then came the dessert; red bean ice kachang. 
It was served in a large bowl. The ice shavings was formed like a tower or should I say a tall mound. I enjoyed eating it by carefully scraping the ice not to topple the scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The volume of ice is enough to wash out the sweetness of the beans. My "date" have the mango one.

The diner also offer local and chinese food; ranging from dumplings, spring rolls up to laksa and noodles.







WILL: It is our first date with Karyin and I decided to date her at Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe at Plaza Singapura. There is a lot of dining options at that mall but this place always have a queue. We arrived early and we were served as soon as we set our foot in front of the restaurant. 

Not more than 15 minutes our food is in front of us. I miss the crispy noodles of Chowking back in the Philippines and I am here to check out their version. 

Crispy Prawn Noodle ($12.90) made me feel that I am home. It met my expectation but the quantity is enormous. But do not worry, I finished it all. Without giving any part of it to Karyin or Abbey. Haha! 

Then I am craving for red bean ice kacang, we ordered the XW Special Red Bean Snow Ice ($6.90). I am very full but I still managed to ate half of it. 

This my second time dining here in this food chain. The first is at Changi Airport Terminal 3 with my in-laws. It never fail to fill up my tummy wonderfully. Till our next visit Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...