Skip to main content

Bamboo World Tour 2015 (Bamboo with Mitoy and The Voice Kids) - Live in Singapore

ABBEY: Rivermaya was my wife's favourite when we were on high school. Being her as my crush I need to know the lyrics of their songs, just to impress. So I have memorized most of them and little did I know that it will help me enjoy Bamboo's concert last March 15 in Singapore Expo.

The Voice Kids winners and Mitoy made the front acts.

Few points I found to be room for improvements for the kids:
Darlene: Improve on how to interact more with your audience. The quality of the voice and diction should be looked into. Choose songs that is for your vocal range. Yes, you can belt out those high notes but it is annoying when you're on the lows.

Lyca: Another product of sympathy votes, I guess. Aegis songs, yes. But need to enhance your talent more.


JK: Continue to harness your voice and serenade those girls.


Darren: Yes you are the total package, but please change your repertoire. Please, please, please!!! You're a dude, not a gal; unless you aren't. Change it soon, else you'll see yourself as one of the judges in "Your Face Sounds Familiar". Also, with your current acts, it is as if Sarah Geronimo is on the house. Get your own identity, man.


Mitoy really prepared the mood of the audience for Bamboo. He entertained the guests well. And he kept on singing while the crowd mugged him for selfie.


Then the rock icon entered the stage and set it on fire with his Rivermaya tunes like Awit ng Kabataan, Hinahanap-hanap Kita, 214, and Elesi. He also sang Noypi, Tatsulok and Hallelujah.





WILL: Cause time may pass; But longer than it'll last I'll be by your side... Am I real?

We got a VIP ticket for discounted price. Again, thanks Dr. Love Shelly! 

We arrived late..2 hours late. But the show just started. Out of four, JK stands out for me. I knew Mitoy way way back when he is performing at Eat Bulaga. I admire his voice and his comedy antics that make the people dance along in his music. From there I am Mi-Toy-O Fans Club. 

Bamboo Mañalac! The man of the hour! Never fails to make me scream and sing-a-long to his music. It reminds me of my teenage years specially when he hit the crowd with Rivermaya's Ang Awit ng Kabataan. And suddenly my heart pound for the love of my country when I heard the "Tatsulok". The Noypi lingers to my veins as it described a life of a Filipino Expats. 

I Love Bamboo. Hope to see him in a reunion with other original Rivermaya. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...