Skip to main content

Remembering Lee Kuan Yew - Thank You Sir!

ABBEY: I came to Singapore on 2009. Cleanliness and orderliness greeted me and was amazed on the progress of the country. Yes, Lee Kuan Yew is not the current Prime Minister, but the passion and vision of current government is rooted to his own. 

He dedicated his life to serve the country and make it stand out on the rest of the world. The people supported him as they know that they'll go on the right path with him. His full-white office attire is a physical emblem to strive for excellence and do it with clean conscience. 

Words will not be able to describe the feeling upon losing him. All we can do is to hold on to the memories he shared and continue to further his work. Some may say that it is sad that he wasn't able to see the fruits of his labor; he was, that was his vision in the first place. Thanks to you, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew.





WILL: A HERO! That is what I can describe LKY. (Shocks I am in the verge of tears now). My husband woke up around 3AM and when I turned to him. Abbey in a very low voice he stated that LKY passed away. 

I  want to have this opportunity to thank him for dreaming. Dreaming that Singapore will be as good as other Western and European countries. Dreaming that he can change Singapore. Dreaming to be a first world country. Now, his dream and wish for Singapore is my reality. Not only his fellow Singaporeans harnessed the fruit of his labour but also the foreign expats like me. 

I envy Singaporeans because they have a Lee Kuan Yew. A man who have the courage, love and respect to his country and his fellowmen. I envy Singaporeans because they have a LKY who founded People’s Action Party that represents politicians with a pure heart in serving the residents; free from corruption and immense visions for the betterment of  nation. I envy Singapore because LKY used an iron hand in implementing the laws. I envy Singapore for having LKY as their founding father.

Thanks LKY, one of the most clean heart, brilliant and loving father of Singapore.. No one can replace you in everybody’s heart!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...