Skip to main content

Jobs (2013)

ABBEY: Before we watch Steve Jobs' biography in the silver screen, I was able to read about him in the book of Walter Isaacson. And I got excited when Wilma told me that we won a pair of tickets for Jobs' premier night. 

It was a good movie. My imagination while reading the book became a reality. Sometimes I would smile seeing Ashton Kutcher portray a serious guy. I'm always reminded of him as the owner of the Malibu beach house in Two and a Half men. But he did a good job in Jobs :) He got it; the way Steve talk and walk and even the unblinking stare when he deals with decisions for business. 

In the movie, they also show the reality-distortion field; where he would not be affected or be under any law (like when he parked in a lot for disabled). For him, it is a binary world; you are either a 1 or a zero, a perfect or "sh*t". Jobs was an excellent businessman and visionary. He made Apple rose again after he took over and reclaimed his own. But with all those successes, he lacked some of the traits that a person should have for his friends and family.



WILL: I am a big fan of Apple products as well as the brain behind this gigantic company. I really fell in love to its colorful Mac, actually when I on my 2nd year of college my sister asked me what personal computer I want for my bday, I told her Mac but her budget only that time is Php50k and the eye-candy Mac costs more than Php100k. So I just settled on Acer that time.
      My first Apple product was iPhone 3GS and from there, I saw the convenient truth in using Apple products and that thought was confirmed when I jumped to Samsung Note today.
      So lets go to the movie.. Ha! Obviously this is about Steven Jobs.. His life as a big part of Apple. This is really an interesting movie. 8/10. I hope more Steve Jobs will be coming up for the next generations, a man that will push someone to their limit, to their success..
      Thanks InSing for this free tix! 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...