Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Puto Recipe


I was looking for something to cook for my wifey and I remembered that she wants puto. Below is the recipe:

4 cups flour, sifted
2 cups sugar, sifted
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 raw egg
1 teaspoon pandan paste or essence
2 1/2 cups of water for puto mixture
Slices of cheese
Water for steaming

In a bowl mix the dry ingredients well then add egg, butter, milk, pandan and water. Mix them thoroughly.
Pour into individual molds.
Put the mold in the steamer for 20 mins. You can use cheese cloth so water vapor will not fall into the mixture.
Put the cheese and steam again for 2-5 minutes.



VERDICT
WILL: One week before that, he is telling me that he will do something for his weekend. I know there is something about his passion in kitchen activities but I am surprised to see a pandan puto on out table. A perfect match with out miswa. 
      He packed some and gave it to my colleagues and one blurted "sobrang sarap ate", I am so flattered to have a husband that his de-stresser is cooking. 
      Thanks baby, next time if there will be a get-together, this is what we will bring :) 

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... masubukan nga rin ang recipe na iyan :D

    ReplyDelete