Skip to main content

Ex-OFW Journey: Exploring BGC, SEDA Hotel Stay, & Hidden Eats

ABBEY: Our first stop after returning to the Philippines was Seda BGC, and it felt good to settle into a comfortable hotel right in the heart of Bonifacio Global City.

After receiving our key cards, we headed straight to our room. The check-in process took a little longer than usual, but thankfully, the room itself made up for the wait.


The room was clean, including the pillows and sheets, which is always important to me when staying in a hotel. Everything felt comfortable and relaxing, making it a good place to rest after our travel.


Our booking included both breakfast and dinner at Misto, so naturally, we made sure to take advantage of it.


One of the highlights was the seafood station. You can choose your seafood and have it grilled and served with your preferred sauce. I also enjoyed the grilled pork belly, beef sinigang, bacon and pomfret.


The meat and fish from the carvery, however, were a little on the dry side. There were still plenty of choices, though, so it was easy to find something enjoyable.


For a more relaxing experience, we headed to Straight Up Bar. This is one of those places where the view is just as important as the drinks.


We were able to watch the beautiful BGC sunset while enjoying their 1-for-1 cocktails. Even better, the hotel allowed us to bring our cocktails back to our room, so we could continue enjoying our drinks without having to stay at the bar.


Of course, after all that food and those cocktails, we had to do something about the indulgence.


We headed to the hotel’s gym for a workout. It is moderately equipped, but it has enough equipment for a decent session. It was just what we needed to sweat a little and work off some of what we had eaten.


Another advantage of staying at Seda BGC is its location. The hotel is right next to BGC High Street, making it easy to step outside and stroll around. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and establishments nearby, so you can easily spend the afternoon or evening exploring without having to travel far.


Six Doors Buffet at Uptown Mall BGC

Our food trip did not stop at Seda BGC. We also visited Six Doors Buffet at Uptown Mall BGC.

When we were brought to our table, we were given coupons to claim the specialty drinks and sashimi. I was initially surprised that the sashimi came with coupons, but I soon understood that these were part of the buffet’s system.


Unfortunately, the sashimi did not really impress me. It wasn’t particularly memorable when I finally got to taste it. The watermelon shake, on the other hand, was much more enjoyable and is something I would recommend trying.


There was a good variety of Filipino dishes available. I had servings of chicken pochero and beef kare-kare, both of which made their way onto my plate.


The dinakdakan, sisig and pork roll looked quite rich and were glistening with fat, so I ate them in moderation and added vinegar to balance the richness.


The roast beef and baked milkfish were more to my liking. Both were flavorful and worth getting another serving.


The taco was surprisingly good. I also enjoyed eating the chili con carne with jalapeño and pico de gallo without the taco shell. Sometimes, the best way to enjoy a buffet is simply to mix and match the dishes according to your own preference.


I also had some chow fan, which I paired with kimchi. And of course, no buffet experience is complete without a few rounds of ice cream. Chocolate for me. 


I did want to try the frozen treats on sticks, but unfortunately, they had already melted, so that was one dessert I had to skip.


I also decided not to make my own halo-halo. The selection seemed to consist mostly of gulaman and kaong in different colors, so I didn’t feel like putting together a bowl.


One feature I enjoyed was the DIY grilling station. We were able to grill thin slices of meat ourselves and create our own dipping sauce.


This added a little more fun to the buffet experience because you get to control how you cook your meat and how you want your sauce to taste.




Ex-OFW Journey: Exploring BGC, SEDA Hotel Stay, & Hidden Eats
Ex-OFW Journey: Exploring BGC, SEDA Hotel Stay, & Hidden Eats

WATCH OUR VIDEOS HERE:



WILL: For our first blog on the Philippines as returning citizens, we’re going to show you around the famous BGC!

Bonifacio Global City is the new business district of Greater Manila. You’ll see staggering buildings of multinational companies, open parks for people to enjoy, and much brighter streets at night compared to dim-lit Makati.

Staying at SEDA BGC: Why We Picked It

BGC is so near NAIA that it only took us about 30 minutes to reach our first stop

We stayed at Seda Vertis North 3 years ago, so I didn't expect a whole lot from this hotel chain. So why did we choose it?

  • The Price & Meals: Seda BGC is one of the cheapest hotels in the area. Well, how cheap? Php 19,000 for 2 nights, and that includes both the breakfast AND dinner buffet. That was well worth it for us because we didn't have time to look around for meals during those times.

  • The Location: The second reason was its walkable location to the areas we needed to be at over the next few days

Room & Service Review

I didn't expect too much from their room. And I was correct—the layout is just the same as their Vertis North branch. But the highlights here were:

  • The warmer hospitality of the staff.

  • A better layout for their gym.

  • The nicer city view from the pool and the rooftop bar.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Philippines!


Graduation Celebration at Six Doors BBQ Buffet

After a few days, I was astounded by the place my nephew chose to celebrate his 12th-grade graduation… BGC! Wow!

BGC is really hot right now—no wonder so many international brands and stores are opening here. People visiting BGC are definitely ready to spend their money. Yayyy!

So where was the celebration? Six Doors BBQ Buffet, which a lot of people aren't even aware of yet. It has a discreet location on the 2nd floor of Uptown Mall.

  • The Cost: It costs Php 999+, and since we were celebrating a graduation, Sam was completely free of charge! 🤗

How Was the Food & Service?

The skewer options were quite generous for that price point. What I enjoyed most was their Japanese cuisine and their ice cream (haha!). Other than that, nothing too fancy.

But what I can guarantee is the attentiveness of the staff. They kept checking on every diner and were always ready to clear our plates. We left with full stomachs and full hearts!


A Quick Stop at % Arabica

And to top it all off, we had coffee at % Arabica!

How does this flow feel to you now? We can tweak any part of the wording or layout until it feels 100% like you!



***

Seda BGC

(W) https://ayalalandhospitality.com/en/seda/hotels/seda-bgc-taguig
(A) 30th Street cor. 11th Avenue, Taguig City 1634, Philippines
(T) +63 (02) 7945 8888 | +63 (02) 8588 5700


Six Doors Buffet 

(F) https://www.facebook.com/sixdoors3Dbbqbuffet/
(A) 2/F Uptown Mall, 36th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
(T) +63 915 594 6642


% Arabica Manila BGC Roastery 

(W) https://arabica.com/en/location/arabica-manila-bgc-roastery/
(A) Ground Floor, Unit 12, Shangri-La The Fort Manila, 30th Street corner 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
(T) +63 917 109 1053

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...