Skip to main content

Irvins Salted Egg - Dangerously Addictive Salted Egg Snacks (Salted Egg Potato Chips / Salted Egg Fish Skin)

ABBEY: This is now a craze in Singapore: to get your hands on and munch on a pack of Irvin's Salted Egg potato chips and fish skin. We're able to get some at Vivo City (Harbourfront). 

One person is limited only to buy 5 packs of small and 5 packs of big which cost S$8 and S$16 respectively. For me, nothing much to be desired on the chips. The potato chips tasted like the chips of Fridays Potato Skins and the fish skin chips taste like Pinoy's chicharon but without the fat. 

It's good to have some alternative from our usual list of chips.





WILL: I am not that keen on fad things. I do not follow the hype, but when Kumareng Jennee requested to buy her an Irvins Salted Egg Potato Chips.. all I can do this search for it and prove to myself the craze it is creating. 

Ok, how crazy the residents of Singapore over this salted egg chips? They do not accept reservation, they can only deliver the goodies after weeks when you ordered online and when you go to their one and only kiosk at VivoCity, you can only buy 5 large and 5 small. You know how much it is? 1 Large bag of 230 grams costs a whopping $16 and the small for 105 grams is $8. You can buy two huge Lays or Doritos or Ridges, ahmm, you get some cents for change too. 

Moment of truth, opened a small bag, munch some and on my frustration, I cannot find the taste of the "salted egg". And for your info one of my favorite food to partner with hot piping rice is a hard boiled salted egg. Imagine, how disappointed and felt that I wasted an $8 for it. Tossed the potato chips, I went for the fish skin. To my surprise it is the same taste of "chicharon" (crispy pork skin) that my father used to buy in Pampanga. Ahmm, yes!, this is the healthier version of it. :) 

Nope! I will not buy again those chips. Sorry fans of Irvins.



***
Irvins Salted Egg
VivoCity B2-K25
Across Texas Chicken
Opens Daily 10am. Walkins only

Raffles Xchange B1
Across DMK
Weekdays 11-7 (Pickups 11-630)

(P) 6264 3073 - Order & General Inquiries / 6264 3076 - Reservation
(W) https://irvinsaltedegg.com/
(E) partner@irvinsaltedegg.com


Comments

  1. Glad I found this article. I can use this on my virtual assistance journey. Keep writing
    helpful articles like this one. I'll definitely visit this blog
    to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...