Skip to main content

High Tea Buffet @ Marriott Cafe, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

ABBEY: Normally, the buffet we are going to is for lunch and dinner but this time, we went for high tea. It was at Marriot Cafe at Orchard. 

All the while, I'm thinking it will all be shortcakes, cold cuts, pastries, coffee and tea. Whoa, I was wrong. They are serving local delis. From Hainanese chicken rice, Hokien Mee to Nasi Lemak, you can have a couple of plates. They also have braised, duck and pork as well as bak kut teh. I indulged myself with slices of salmon. From time to time, I had a bite of their prata and chicken nuggets. I keep coming back for beef rendang, spicy but delicious. When we visited, they are offering 20sgd per person promotoion.

Room of improvements though: Don't try to hide the burnt side of prata, it cannot be hidden. Just don't serve it. For the crispy fried chicken, please try to completely fry it. I can still see the uncooked batter inside. And when making nigiri, make sure that the nori strip is fully wrapped around it. The ones I had have nothing at the bottom.









WILL: This is our first time to experience a high tea buffet and we are happy that it happen it at one of the most prestigious hotel here in Singapore... the Marriott Hotel Orchard. We arrived few minutes after 3pm but we stayed until 5:15pm for us to maximise the value of $20++ promotion. 

After we were escorted to our reserved seats, we immediately paved our way to roam around and check out the arrays of food available. Since we are pretty hungry (we didn't take our lunch that time) we are very happy to see few viands for us to enjoy. So I got some of their fish curry and chicken plus few pieces of prata. Not so many choices of sushi but still I took 4 of it. Fresh oysters are present, salmon strips for your bread and laksa, their delicious laksa(drooool). 

Time to get some desserts so I went for blueberry crepe and topped it two scoops of ice cream. 

Rest for a while then I ate muffin and pizza. Can I say something? Please improve the taste of those two. I only got a one bite of those and pushed my plate away to Abbey. 

I enjoyed this happy and excellent experience for us as a couple. Thanks Marriott Cafe. Till next buffet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...