Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Irvins Salted Egg - Dangerously Addictive Salted Egg Snacks (Salted Egg Potato Chips / Salted Egg Fish Skin)

ABBEY: This is now a craze in Singapore: to get your hands on and munch on a pack of Irvin's Salted Egg potato chips and fish skin. We're able to get some at Vivo City (Harbourfront). 

One person is limited only to buy 5 packs of small and 5 packs of big which cost S$8 and S$16 respectively. For me, nothing much to be desired on the chips. The potato chips tasted like the chips of Fridays Potato Skins and the fish skin chips taste like Pinoy's chicharon but without the fat. 

It's good to have some alternative from our usual list of chips.





WILL: I am not that keen on fad things. I do not follow the hype, but when Kumareng Jennee requested to buy her an Irvins Salted Egg Potato Chips.. all I can do this search for it and prove to myself the craze it is creating. 

Ok, how crazy the residents of Singapore over this salted egg chips? They do not accept reservation, they can only deliver the goodies after weeks when you ordered online and when you go to their one and only kiosk at VivoCity, you can only buy 5 large and 5 small. You know how much it is? 1 Large bag of 230 grams costs a whopping $16 and the small for 105 grams is $8. You can buy two huge Lays or Doritos or Ridges, ahmm, you get some cents for change too. 

Moment of truth, opened a small bag, munch some and on my frustration, I cannot find the taste of the "salted egg". And for your info one of my favorite food to partner with hot piping rice is a hard boiled salted egg. Imagine, how disappointed and felt that I wasted an $8 for it. Tossed the potato chips, I went for the fish skin. To my surprise it is the same taste of "chicharon" (crispy pork skin) that my father used to buy in Pampanga. Ahmm, yes!, this is the healthier version of it. :) 

Nope! I will not buy again those chips. Sorry fans of Irvins.



***
Irvins Salted Egg
VivoCity B2-K25
Across Texas Chicken
Opens Daily 10am. Walkins only

Raffles Xchange B1
Across DMK
Weekdays 11-7 (Pickups 11-630)

(P) 6264 3073 - Order & General Inquiries / 6264 3076 - Reservation
(W) https://irvinsaltedegg.com/
(E) partner@irvinsaltedegg.com


1 comment:

  1. Glad I found this article. I can use this on my virtual assistance journey. Keep writing
    helpful articles like this one. I'll definitely visit this blog
    to read more.

    ReplyDelete