Skip to main content

PAUL Singapore (Maison de Qualité) - French Restaurant at Westgate

ABBEY: I was in the connotation that French cuisine is only pleasing to the eye and fancy but you won't get full as the serving is small :) It changed when we visited Paul Restaurant at Westgate Mall. The ambiance is very different. It was elegant. Noise volume is minimal. It is as if all the diners were refine.


As I opened the menu, the items were, for me, a bit expensive. So what to do then? Use their promotion or offer. On that day, a meal consists of main course, soup of the day, and drink only costs $18.90++ with usual price of 40+sgd. I ordered their beef stew; choiced chops of beef with generous serving of bread. And when they put "generous" on the menu, they mean it. I got four slices of bread to match my stew. The stew is creamy and delicious. The beef comes with small amounts of fat which I liked. This made me missed our Pinoy's Nilagang baka or bulalo. 

Soup of the day is carrot soup and my drink is mint iced tea. The tea tasted like the bubble gum I enjoyed when I was kid.











WILL: We do not have our own camera. Yes! You read it right. Most of the photos here in our blog was taken using the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4S. When there is a special events or we have visitors, we always asked either Nitin or Chat to lend us their Nikon.In returning a favour, Abbey and I chose Paul at Westgate to treat our dear friend Chat. We availed their promo (ends on 30th October).

Straight from office, I went here and so awed with the restaurant. It has a calming atmosphere. Immediately after sitting down, we ordered our food. I went for Sauté de Poulet Aux Champignons and mint iced tea. The promotion includes their soup of the day which is carrot soup. The taste is amazing and really stimulates my appetite and looking forward to our main dish. While waiting I sip some of my cold tea. It taste like a bubble gum and asked Abbey if I can swap with  his iced lemon tea, and he confirmed.

One by one our food came and sat in front of us. Every spoonful give us a piece of tranquillity. Haha! My chicken with mushroom is so creamy. The bread really compliments the cream with it.

This is a really recommendable place. A nice and very romantic restaurant to bring your date.

Comments

  1. I have been wanting to try Paul ever since it opened its first branch here in the Philippines. But the prices are very intimidating. So I guess I just need to be on the lookout for promos and/or online deals! =)

    http://www.jerelltabenoja.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami din talagang namamahalan kaya good thing meron silang promotional rates :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...