Skip to main content

Starz Restaurant (Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Lobby)

ABBEY: Starz restaurant is located at the ground floor of Hard Rock Hotel in Sentosa. I first came to know about it when we fetch Wilma's cousin during her stay at Singapore. My wife told me that there is a promo offered by the restau; and it was a buffet :) It rained hard that day but it didn't deter us to go there. Rain or shine the feast will go on. We were there 30 minutes early. We used the time to take pictures of the food that we will later munch on. The layout of the place is a long curves one with touches of black, violet and other relaxing colors. 

By the time the buffet starts I hurried to the Indian cuisine station and grabbed a couple of papad and prata. On the Western side, I had chunks of roasted chicken and a slice of roast beef. The beef was moist and flavorful as well as the chicken. On the next batch I got hainanese chicken and pork belly which reminds me of lechon skin :) I also indulged in their sweet watermelon. It goes well with roasted pork belly; salty and sweet. Then I wrap up the dinner with a cup of chocolate gelato. 

Coffee and tea is free flow as well. The buffet costs $36 per person.














WILL: It was a rainy 7th of May, when Abbey and I decided to go to Sentosa to avail the dinner buffet of Starz Restaurant of Hard Rock Hotel. Well who can resist a buy-one, take-one offer? We grabbed it for only $72 for two.
      We arrived early and we waited for 10 minutes for the chefs to get all the food be ready for our attack, haha! When the go signal was on, I immediately went to sushi stand and put some on my plates. Their sushi is quite too cold and the rice is quite hard. Then, I walked my way to the western cuisine, as usual white pasta is more alluring on my eyes, while Abbey went for red sauce. I asked the man behind the counter to slice some beef for me, and the beef is so tasty. Indian cuisine will not be out, so I ordered a cheese prata, too oily. I say hello to fresh oysters and some prawns. It seems that all people that night went to Starz for those sea creatures! Haha! 
      To help my stomach to grind the food I am intaking, I constantly drink hot tea. 
      The restaurant ambiance is quite romantic and the place is not so crowded, unlike the hotels' restau located at Orchard.
      We were there for 4 hours until we know that our digestive system is full by their food! Ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...