Skip to main content

23rd Singapore International Piano Festival 2016 Kalaidoscope: Cédric Tiberghien

ABBEY: As a friend of SSO, we have this perk to have a free pair of concert tickets. We chose to attend a piano concert as part of 23rd Singapore International Piano Festival : Kaleidoscope. The artist is Cedric Tiberghien. He had the following repertoire:

MOZART - Piano Sonata No. 14 in C minor, K.457
BEETHOVEN- Piano Sonata No. 21 in C major “Waldstein”, Op. 53
CHOPIN - 24 Preludes, Op. 28

He explained how universal key of C is and it reflected in his performance. Thank you SSO. Your friend, Abbey.


Grand Piano Use By Cédric Tiberghien

WILL: This is our third free concert ticket and we are super happy to stumble upon Singapore Symphony Orchestra and its awesome benefits when you registered to be their SSO friend.  

Husband is the one who chose this concert, obviously. Well, he is more of a piano guy while I am fond of violins. We watched Cedric Tiberghien to represent the last show held for Piano Festival. 

What I can say?! Superb talent! I am awed of the fact that he can do that magnificent music on a piano..alone! Haha! I appreciated it but not as enjoyed when I am hearing violins (clearly). 

On the next day, I felt more relax. Maybe because once again, I heard Mozart's piece that always keeps me calm. Haha! 

Till next time kind, sincere and ever systematic people behind SSO! We had a wonderful experience with you!


***
Singapore Symphony Orchestra
For a minimum donation of $75, 
All Friends enjoy all the Privileges above
Get your form here and fax to 6602 4222 or 
email at friends@sso.org.
RECOMMENDED BY: WILMA LAPUZ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...