Skip to main content

Kopi Tiam by SWISSÔTEL Singapore

ABBEY: This is not your ordinary Kopitiam. From what I experienced this is a high-end one. It is located at Swissotel Stamford (near City Hall MRT exit ). So like other restaurant you can make a reservation or walk in to dine. You will be given a menu instead of making an order on the stalls. 

I got Nasi Lemak. While waiting, we were served with chips. The serving is big, flavorful and delicious. I expected a fried chicken but their version is chicken curry. Then I had teh-c after the meal. 

It is amazing to know that an almost-fine-dining Kopi Tiam exists where you can have a moment with your loved ones on a "classy" way for a higher-than-normal price. The total bill didn't exceed 25sgd for 2 set meals. I would also like to commend Maricor for attending to us during our date.













WILL: We are really amazed that Swissotel named their restaurant  "Kopitiam" which means coffee shop and this is a well known street shop in Singapore.

I ordered a Bak Kuh 
The, Singapore's famous pork soup. I thought they will give me a small serving because it only costs $18 but when served, I saw a gigantic bowl with ala-dinasour cut of pork ribs. Ha! As usual I targeted for the soup and youtiao, well its a great combination as usual. I ate a lpt of dough fritters. Haha!

Thanks to Ms Maricor for assisting all our needs and thanks to Abbey for his 30th bday treat!


Comments

  1. Is 25SGD for 2 set meal higher than normal in this kind of fine dining? Dined in a real high-end resto and it cost me 250SGD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only compared the Kopi tiam I've visited before. Like in Vivo and Sengkang the usual price is only $6 dollars per meal but the one in Swissotel the ambiance is better but not at par with actual fine dine restaurants.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...