Skip to main content

Frozen Planet

ABBEY:
This BBC documentary is an eye-opener for the people to appreciate nature's beauty of both pole regions.

It tackles the seasons and how the animals and people adapt to it.
Every animal, like whales, penguins, seals, and birds showed different ways to live and how to survive. Polar bears, winter wolves, and oxen were featured as well. 

It also shows the effect of global warming on the continents and its a very serious matter. We need to do our part to save our last frontier.

At the end of each episode the documentary show the scenes behind the camera.

Its a big challenge for the crew and staff to wait for the perfect moment to catch the action in temperature and weather that can put them to death instantly.

A big salutations for them. David Attenborough gave a good story as he does the narration.



WILL: I am so foolish that I all I know at the north and south pole were covered by ice all year round. Damn! Tangang-tanga lang ako. Wahaha. 
      I think all creatures here were all so cute, even the wolves and the prawns and jellyfish. 
Very alarming to know that the ice now at Antarctic and Arctic ate now melting so fast. Fast enough that the scientist assumes that we can see a mass of land instead of snow here in 2020. Shocks that's only eight years from now. 
     I think now there is no prevention for this problem. This two continents holds a lot of resources that's why there many countries wants to have this to be their own. 
     I don't know but i big part of me loves nature and to come this to my knowledge saddens me. Thanks BBC for this kind of exposition and exploration. I hope we can lessen the greenhouse effect and live a happier, greener life. 

Comments

  1. I am so excited, I just found out today that the U.S. can see this stunning series starting March 18th on the Discovery channel. It was Planet Earth that convinced me to upgrade to an HDTV and HDDVR from my employer DISH. I have Planet Earth and Blue Planet saved on my DVR in full HD and soon I will be able to do the same with Frozen Planet. I could watch these kinds of documentaries for days, or weeks. They fascinate me like nothing else on TV. When shows like this come on I lose interest in anything else that might be on, I almost don’t need the other 200 HD channels I have, but it is only a 7 part series so I can return to normal in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...