Skip to main content

Cameron Mackintosh's Les Misérables (Singapore)

ABBEY: At last we got the opportunity to watch Les Mesirables live. It was held at Esplanade Theatre. Before it started, we took snaps on their backdrops. As we enter the theatre I kept on searching for Row B until I realized it was the frontmost row. Yes, the stage and then our row. I was under the impression that we're on second row.
Anyways, it got me excited. 

I'm able to see the actors clearly with all their facial expressions. So clear that I can see spits from Jean Valjean and the glittering braces of the actress who played Eponine :) One disadvantage is that you cannot see the actor when they lie down on the floor. Another one is there will be limited view if you're not in the center; and we're in the left part.

The musical is great; Opening act, Master of the house, One Day More, every part of it. Really appreciate the hardwork of the production for us to see a masterpiece and enjoy it.






WILL: I wished for me to watch Les Miserables on stage when I saw their movie. I know from my heart that it will create a great satisfaction for myself. 

Last year they announced that they will visit Philippines and I immediately posted a facebook status and tagged Les Miserables facebook page and Marina Bay Sands. Gosh! I am so delighted that they and ALMIGHTY granted my wish! Wohhoooo!

Abbey and Chat was really decided to go for the nearest row on the stage. I reserved our ticket and bought the "B" seats (all A) were greyed out. To our surprise when we reached Esplanade Theatre, it is the first seat, as in stage then us. Exciting right. 

From that side, you can see their expressions, the intimate feeling, even saliva! Haha! Oh! One thing, you can make a stare eye-to-eye with the actors and actresses. Booyeah! 

Even I knew the story, it still never fails me to make me cry! Huhu! 

And on that! I am actually thinking to watch again El Filibusterismo of Jose Rizal. Hmm. Is there any available stage play of that in Manila? Please let us know if have news about it. 

Les Miserables production, crew, artists and musicians. Thank you so much. You all made my heart so happy!


***
Cameron Mackintosh's Les Misérables - Sistic
Event Date: Tue, 31 May - Sun, 24 Jul 2016 
Venue: Esplanade Theatre
(W) http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/mis0716

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🇨🇭Läderach, Lindt or Cailler? Which is the Best Chocolate Museum in Switzerland?

ABBEY: I am a BIG fan of chocolate. And there’s no way we’ll be missing the chocolate factories when we go to Switzerland. Upon landing in Zurich, we dropped our luggages at the hotel and off we go to our first order of “business”: go to House of Läderach at Bilten. The train staff even told us that it’s far and we should go to Lindt instead. Little did he know that we will go there as well. House of Läderach is not that much crowdy and we liked it. We explore the museum how the chocolate was made. We had a sensory experience where we got a chance to taste their chocolate while watching a video that explains how to spot fresh chocolates. Upon seeing their molds, process, and their story we were led to four fountains. Yes, they are all chocolate; milk, dark, white, and blonde. We also experienced to be a chocolatier even for a while. I made my own bar with pistachios and pine nuts and completed it with a ribbon. And while in queue at the cashier we were given samples of liqueur chocola...

Shaw Theatres premiere Review: Is This Premium Cinema Worth It?

ABBEY:  Recently, we finally got to experience the newly renovated Shaw Theatres Lido along Orchard Road just in time for The Devil Wears Prada 2 hitting the silver screen. From the moment we stepped in, it was clear that Shaw has elevated the cinema experience into something far more premium and comfortable for moviegoers in Singapore. One of the first things you will notice is the impressive selection of food and beverage options available. Guests are spoiled for choice with concepts like Centro, Espresso and Matcha Bar , and even a Cocktail Bar, making it feel more like an upscale lounge than a traditional cinema. If you are planning a date night or weekend movie experience, the value is surprisingly decent too. A SGD90 package already includes a pair of Lido Premiere tickets along with two SGD15 F&B credits. The service also stood out during our visit. An usher personally welcomed us and guided us to our leather recliner seats while explaining how the in-seat servi...

Duo Deluxe Golden Village - Paya Lebar Laser-projected Movie Hall

ABBEY: Golden Village Paya Lebar boasts its laser projection system and its spacious twin leather seats. So we went ahead and watch Justice League on a weekend.  Only the food and drinks bought in the cinema will be allowed.  I thought the seats are able to recline but its not. The space between the other twins are not that apart. I can still feel the feet or maybe the knee of the person behind me.  When it comes to the projection I don’t find any difference with other cinema. Maybe I’m not just keen into that technology. Duo Deluxe Golden Village - SEAT  Duo Deluxe Golden Village - TICKET PRICE Duo Deluxe Golden Village -  WILL:  We are not that bored to the old seat or lazy boys kind of cinemas, we just want to explore new things to serve our readers. So here, we went to the first laser cinema of Golden Village at Singapore Post (Paya Lebar).  This Duo Deluxe is one of the latest offering of GV! It has leather seat...