Friday, January 18, 2013

Les Misérables

ABBEY: Making a movie from a play that reaped awards and recognitions worldwide and well-loved by its audience is great task. But Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Russel Crowe had it in the bag. Their portrayal of the characters;Jean Valjean, Fantine, and  Javert respectively is excellent as if they just popped out of the novel and shared their lives with us. The innkeepers,Thénardier, Madame Thénardier gave the viewers something to laugh about after the drama. Even their daughter's rendition of On my own is moving. Can't wait to see it on stage.




WILL: This is one of my much awaited film for 2012 but because of our busy schedule we just saw the movie 5 days after 25th of December. I am not a type of human that will spend money on silver screens unless it is worthy for me to pick my pocket, and yes this Les Miserables is one of the few. 
      This is the longest running play in US, I think, and that indicates how good this will be. We booked a ticket to Shaw at JCube Mall at Jurong Port and from there the unforgettable thing happened. 
      No lame seconds, I don't even yawn, and then my tears fell down unstoppable on my cheeks. Ratings 10/10. The simple story withe great portrayal of the actors and actresses and the musical scoring is simply the best. 
      I would love to pay to see this movie again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment