Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe @ Plaza Singapura

ABBEY : I think I already dined on this restaurant, once or twice. But only when I "dated" Kar Yin (Wilma's officemate), I tried their dessert. 

For dinner, I got Western one; fried chicken cutlet with sauce and fries and baked beans. Then came the dessert; red bean ice kachang. 
It was served in a large bowl. The ice shavings was formed like a tower or should I say a tall mound. I enjoyed eating it by carefully scraping the ice not to topple the scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The volume of ice is enough to wash out the sweetness of the beans. My "date" have the mango one.

The diner also offer local and chinese food; ranging from dumplings, spring rolls up to laksa and noodles.







WILL: It is our first date with Karyin and I decided to date her at Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe at Plaza Singapura. There is a lot of dining options at that mall but this place always have a queue. We arrived early and we were served as soon as we set our foot in front of the restaurant. 

Not more than 15 minutes our food is in front of us. I miss the crispy noodles of Chowking back in the Philippines and I am here to check out their version. 

Crispy Prawn Noodle ($12.90) made me feel that I am home. It met my expectation but the quantity is enormous. But do not worry, I finished it all. Without giving any part of it to Karyin or Abbey. Haha! 

Then I am craving for red bean ice kacang, we ordered the XW Special Red Bean Snow Ice ($6.90). I am very full but I still managed to ate half of it. 

This my second time dining here in this food chain. The first is at Changi Airport Terminal 3 with my in-laws. It never fail to fill up my tummy wonderfully. Till our next visit Xin Wang Hongkong Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment