Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Mind Cafe (Singapore)

ABBEY: Going to this cafe is long overdue. We planned to go here when Kuya Ric went for a visit but didn't have the time. After dinner at Curry House we stopped by the place. 

9sgd per person includes free-flow of drinks of the day and 2 hours of playing any game available. We got the old-but-good Connect 4. Form 4 chips horizontally, vertically or diagonally and you win the game. I won both games with Chat and Wilma. Next they tried Battleship but haven't finished the game as they had a hard time destroy each other's ships. We wanted to play quick games so we can play as many times as we can. That didn't happen. 
We played Monopoly:Superman Returns edition. Though its a long game we totally had fun specially if you are winning. Isn't that right, Wilma and Chat? 

The cafe also offers cocktail snacks to munch in.  Singapore Book of records awards this as the cafe to have the most number of board game. This is good experience.

















WILL: I am searching for a great place to fill in some caffeine craving while my oldest brother was here and then I saw Mind Cafe. It was on my list but the schedule really stopped as to go in here. 
      Chat treated us for a dinner, she got her bonus! Haha! She shared her blessings to us. After dinner, damn I am full and I want to help my stomach to digest it, I need tea. ;) 
I don't want to go to any cafes in 313 Somerset, then my brain made me realized to go to The Mind Cafe. 
    From Orchard, it is only 3 stops for bus #65. After 12 minutes, we were stepping our way up to this cafe. Actually, now I am not after for a hot drink that will help my tummy to digest my food, I am here to enjoy and play all the boardgames I can. 
     As we entered, we were welcomed warmly by their staff and  huge stacks of boardgames. Like a child, I grinned. So many games to play for only 2 hours. I played and all the games I lost. Haha! Lucky we don't bet for anything. Luck is not at my side at that day.
     For two hours, we indulged on their unlimited cold drinks and play-all-you-can boardgames for only $9.00 per pax. This is just beside SOTA, a great location for students to let the stress away. This is a great idea of a unique cafe. 

2 comments:

  1. hula ko si abbey ayaw na umuwi :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umuwi naman ate, pero ako nmn ang magaaya.. Revenge is a must!

      Delete